The CWAL Rubber Room
"Duraznos didn't really save Christmas. His insights into human nature and the holiday spirit were found to be trite and inane. He was found guilty by a jury of his peers and was hung on January 5, 2002."
HQPost a New MessageReturn to The CWAL Rubber RoomFAQ

Okay, Microsoft's in-built calendar app is just badly designed. There's no other way to say it.
Posted by Tssha from 99.255.191.*, on February 8, 12018 at 21:11:19:

I tried changing a repeating event back to a single event, and I couldn't do it. I had to delete the event, then re-create it. All because next month, it happens on the fourth Thursday instead of the third. For one month.

Now, I can understand the simple repeating calendar thing, you'd have to do some tinkering anyway if they book for a different day that month, that's fine, that's completely expected...it's everything else that's inexcusable.

When you're done entering an event into the calendar, you go to the calendar page, and it works completely differently from the calendar you access on your toolbar. You have to double-click the date (no plus button like the corner calendar), and it gives you a really small entry box that isn't where you'd expect it to be, is the same colour as the events already on the calendar (which makes it hard to see), and it's also hard to find the more details button so you can use the bigger event page.

Oh, but that's not even the worst part. The really weird thing is that, while you can paste the event name into the small event window, in the dedicated event page, you can't paste anything in the event name box. Like, there's no rhyme or reason that I can reasonably foresee why you might not be able to use Ctrl-V or right-click to paste an event name in there. No, you have to type it out manually every time!

...Dorg, I completely believe you when you tell me they don't take their QA team seriously. It really, really shows.

Thread:

Post a followup:

Posting without being logged in is currently disabled.