The CWAL Rubber Room
"I laughed, I cried, I wondered where Jolt was."
- Went in for an emergency root canal only to find out that, in fact, the bone under my tooth was /severely/ infected and it's a shock that it got so bad without my noticing I even had the cavity until recently. They end up just extracting it since it's in the back anyway and they couldn't even sit an implant on bone that JoystickJed up. Local anesthesia does NOT WORK ON BONE. No matter how much they use [NT] - Absolute most painful experience of my life as they removed the infected area.Inconsequential Lurker 14:43:54 12018-02-01
- Oh hey, they discovered a certain type of local anaesthetic doesn't work very well on my when I had a root canal done, and yeah, being able to feel a drill shredding your fleshy bits kiiiiiinda sucks. You uh, probably had it worse though. [NT] - Vektor 15:49:57 12018-02-02
- My wife had something like that but they put her under I believe. [NT] - Rotten 16:54:36 12018-02-01
- I'm suspected to have an arrhythmia which doesn't play nice with a lot of anaesthesia, so no dentist on earth was going to even try it. [NT] - Inconsequential Lurker 17:16:47 12018-02-01
- JoystickJ that! I get put under for even minor procedures. If they end up killing me I'll haunt their asses. [NT] - Mana 17:29:05 12018-02-01
- On one hand, yes. On the other, my heart is already so lazy that it often only beats every other second and I don't want it encouraging the other organs while I'm too drugged up to supervise it. [NT] - Inconsequential Lurker 17:40:53 12018-02-01
- All right, now give childbirth and have a cluster headache and let us know which experience was the most painful! [NT] - Dorg 02:42:12 12018-02-02
- I think I might have had a cluster headache, once. If there's a worse one, I really don't want to know. Went from fine to laying down on the nearest surface I could find with an icepick behind my eye and thinking I might actually be dying in the space of a few minutes, too painful to even really be aware of my surroundings, and then it was just gone. Never had one since, thankfully. [NT] - Inconsequential Lurker 05:07:26 12018-02-02
- [waits patiently for a non sequitur transition to talking about video games] [NT] - Mana 12:22:02 12018-02-02
- New Humble Monthly has Tacoma in it. I wasn't expecting to enjoy the conversation mechanic, wherein you play out holographic logs and have the freedom to follow people in an out of scenes in real time, as much as I did, but it provided an extremely fresh take on what's a thoroughly stale mechanic, and allowed the developers to contextualize complicated relationships in ways which would otherwise [NT] - demand just unacceptablely inelegant exposition. It may be a walking sim, but it was riveting. - IL 14:04:07 12018-02-02
- Anyway, I guess what I'm getting at is the X-Com 2 Expansion is really an incredible new dynamic that pushes the speed of the game up without sacrificing the tension. I'll never get my wish of a straight graphical upgrade/community patch streamlining of the (absolutely perfect in every way) classic, but it's still a win. [NT] - Inconsequential Lurker 14:47:23 12018-02-01
Post a followup:
Posting without being logged in is currently disabled.